Film ’83 based on India’s famous world cup victory has a lot of popular actors including Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Boman Irani, Neena Gupta, Pankaj Tripathi, Tamil Actor Jiva and former Miss World 2015- Aditi Arya.
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone will play a couple on-screen for this movie. Ranveer has personally trained under Kapil Dev to perfect his role for the character.
Most actors are playing the role of the famous cricketers from the World Cup-winning Indian Team of 1983. And also has a lot of actresses playing the role of the spouses. This movie is a kind of tribute to the fantastic win India had in that historic year.
Let’s look at characters and roles played by the stars:
- Ranveer Singh as Kapil Dev
- Deepika Padukone as Romi Bhatia Dev, Kapil’s wife
- Tahir Raj Bhasin as Sunil Gavaskar
- Saqib Saleem as Mohinder Amarnath Bhardwaj
- Ammy Virk as Balwinder Sandhu
- Jiiva as Krishnamachari Srikkanth
- Harrdy Sandhu as Madan Lal
- Sahil Khattar as Syed Kirmani
- Chirag Patil as Sandeep Patil
- Adinath Kothare as Dilip Vengsarkar
- Dhairya Karwa as Ravi Shastri
- Dinker Sharma as Kirti Azad
- Jatin Sarna as Yashpal Sharma
- Nishant Dahiya as Roger Binny
- R Badree as Sunil Valson
- Boman Irani as Farokh Engineer
- Pankaj Tripathi as PR Man Singh, manager of the 1983 World Cup-winning Indian team
- Neena Gupta as Raj Kumari Nikhanj, Kapil’s mother (cameo appearance)
- Parvatii Nair as Marshneil Mehrotra Gavaskar, Sunil’s wife
- Aditi Arya as Inderjit Amarnath Bhardwaj, Mohinder’s wife
The movie has a budget of approx. Rs. 85 crores. It is produced by Reliance Entertainment and Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment along with others.
The film is shot at the famous locations in England, which was the venue of the World Cup in 1983. The shooting has been done in places like Glasgow, Dulwich College in London, Edinburgh cricket club, Nevill Ground at Royal Tunbridge Wells in Kent and The Oval cricket ground.
The music of the movie is composed by Pritam and Julius Packiam. It is also rumored that Ranveer has sung some of the songs in the movie.
Final of the world cup 1983 was held at the Lord’s stadium in London.
TRAILER OF THE MOVIE